1) Information on the Collection of Personal Data and Contact Details of the Controller
1.1 We are pleased that you are visiting our website and thank you for your interest. On the following pages, we inform you about the handling of your personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data with which you can be personally identified.
1.2 The controller in charge of data processing on this website, within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), is Hatecke GmbH, Am Ruthenstrom 1, 21706 Drochtersen, Deutschland, Tel.: +494141915235, E-Mail: email@example.com. The controller in charge of the processing of personal data is the natural or legal person who alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
1.3 The controller has designated a data protection officer for this website. He can be reached as follows: „Christian Hedrich, Hans-Henny-Jahnn-Weg 15, 22085 Hamburg, +4940413463310, firstname.lastname@example.org“
1.4 This website uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidential content (e.g. orders or inquiries to the controller). You can recognize an encrypted connection by the character string https:// and the lock symbol in your browser line.
2) Data Collection When You Visit Our Website
When using our website for information only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called „server log files“). When you visit our website, we collect the following data that is technically necessary for us to display the website to you:
- Our visited website
- Date and time at the moment of access
- Amount of data sent in bytes
- Source/reference from which you came to the page
- Browser used
- Operating system used
- IP address used (if applicable: in anonymized form)
Data processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. The data will not be passed on or used in any other way. However, we reserve the right to check the server log files subsequently, if there are any concrete indications of illegal use.
3) Hosting & Content Delivery Network
On our website we use a content delivery network („CDN“) of the technology service provider Cloudflare Inc., 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107, USA („Cloudflare“). A Content Delivery Network is an online service used to deliver large media files (such as graphics, page content or scripts) through a network of regionally distributed servers connected via the internet. The use of Cloudflare’s content delivery network helps us to optimise the loading speeds of our website.
The processing takes place in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in a secure and efficient provision, as well as improvement of the stability and functionality of our website.
4) Contacting Us
When you contact us (e.g. via contact form or e-mail), personal data is collected. Which data is collected in the case of a contact form can be seen from the respective contact form. This data is stored and used exclusively for the purpose of responding to your request or for establishing contact and for the associated technical administration. The legal basis for processing data is our legitimate interest in responding to your request in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR. If your contact is aimed at concluding a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR. Your data will be deleted after final processing of your enquiry; this is the case if it can be inferred from the circumstances that the facts in question have been finally clarified, provided there are no legal storage obligations to the contrary.
5) Site functionalities
5.1 Applications for job advertisements
On our website, we advertise current vacancies in a separate section, for which interested parties can apply by e-mail using the contact address provided.
If applicants want to be included in the application process, they must provide us with all personal details required for a well-founded and informed assessment and selection in conjunction with their application by e-mail.
The required data should include general personal information (name, address, telephone or electronic contact) as well as performance-specific evidence showing the qualifications required for the advertised position. In addition, health-related information may be required, which in the interest of social protection must be given special attention to regarding the applicant’s person according to labor and social law.
The components an application must contain to be considered and the form in which these components must be sent by e-mail can be found in the respective job advertisement.
After receipt of the application sent using the e-mail contact address supplied, the applicant data will be stored by us and evaluated exclusively for the purpose of processing the application. In the event of queries arising in the course of processing the application, we will use either the e-mail address supplied by the applicant with his application or a telephone number supplied, at our discretion.
The legal basis for such processing, including the contacting of applicants for queries, is basically Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR in conjunction with Art. 26 (1) Federal Data Protection Act. According to these provisions, the completion of the application procedure is deemed to be the initiation of an employment contract.
If special categories of personal data within the meaning of Art. 9 (1) GDPR (e.g. health data such as information on severely disabled status) are requested from applicants as part of the application procedure, processing will take place in accordance with Art. 9 (2) point b GDPR, so as to enable us to exercise the rights arising from labor law, social security and social protection law and to fulfil our obligations in this regard.
The processing of special categories of data may also be based cumulatively or alternatively on Art. 9 (1) point h GDPR if it is used for the purposes of health care or occupational medicine, for the assessment of the applicant’s ability to work, for medical diagnostics, health or social care or for the management of systems and services in the health or social sector.
If, in the course of the evaluation described above, the applicant is not selected or if an applicant withdraws his application prematurely, his data transmitted by e-mail as well as all electronic correspondence including the original application e-mail will be deleted at the latest after 6 months following a corresponding notification. This period shall be determined on the basis of our legitimate interest in being able to answer any follow-up questions regarding the application and, if necessary, to comply with our obligation to provide evidence under the regulations governing the equal treatment of applicants.
In the event of a successful application, the data provided will be processed on the basis of Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR in conjunction with Art. 26 (2) Federal Data Protection Act for the purposes of implementing the employment relationship.
This site uses so-called web fonts from „FontAwesome“, a service of Fonticons, Inc, 710 Blackhorn Dr, Carl Junction, 64834, MO, USA („FontAwesome“), for the uniform display of fonts. When you call up a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into its browser cache in order to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose, the browser you are using must connect to FontAwesome’s servers. This may also result in the transmission of personal data to FontAwesome’s servers in the USA. In this way, FontAwesome becomes aware that our website has been accessed via your IP address. The use of FontAwesome fonts is in the interest of a uniform and appealing presentation of our online offers. This represents a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR. If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font from your computer will be used. You can find more information about FontAwesome at: https://fontawesome.com/privacy
6) Tools and Miscellaneous
6.1 – Wordfence
For security purposes, this website uses the „Wordfence“ plugin, a service provided by Defiant Inc, 800 5th Ave Ste 4100, Seattle, WA 98104, USA (hereinafter „Wordfence“). The plugin protects the website and the IT infrastructure connected to it from unauthorized third-party access, cyber attacks, viruses and malware. Wordfence collects the IP addresses of users and, where applicable, other data about your behavior on our website (in particular URLs and header information) in order to identify and ward off illegitimate page access and threats. The IP address collected is compared with a list of known attackers. If the captured IP address is identified as a security risk, Wordfence can automatically block it from accessing the site. The information collected in this way is transferred to a Defiant Inc. server in the USA and stored there.
Defiant Inc. is relying on the standard data protection clauses pursuant to Art. 46 sentence 2 lit. c GDPR as the legal basis for the transfer of data to the USA.
If visitors to the website have log-in rights, Wordfence also sets cookies (= small text files) on the visitor’s terminal device. With the help of the cookies, certain location and device information can be read out, enabling an assessment to be made as to whether the login-authorized access originates from an authorized person. At the same time, access rights can be evaluated via the cookies and released via a site-internal firewall according to the authorization level. Finally, the cookies are used to register irregular access by site administrators from new devices or new locations and to notify other administrators of such access.
These cookies are only set if a user has login rights. Wordfence will not set cookies for site visitors who do not have login privileges.
If personal data is processed via cookies, the processing is carried out in accordance with article 6 paragraph 1 letter f. GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in preventing illegitimate access to the site administration and in defending against unauthorized administrator access.
We have concluded a Data Processing Agreement with Defiant Inc., by which we oblige the company to protect the data of site visitors and not to pass them on to third parties.
6.2 – Bing Maps
On our website we use Bing Maps from Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052-6399, USA („Bing Maps“). Bing Maps is a web service for displaying interactive (land) maps in order to visually present geographical information. By using this service, our location is shown to you and a possible journey is made easier.
Insofar as legally required, we have obtained your consent for the processing of your data as described above in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a GDPR. You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future. In order to exercise your revocation, please follow the option described above for making an objection.
7) Rights of the Data Subject
7.1 The applicable data protection law grants you the following comprehensive rights of data subjects (rights of information and intervention) vis-à-vis the data controller with regard to the processing of your personal data:
– Right of access by the data subject pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR: You shall have the right to receive the following information: The personal data processed by us; the purposes of the processing; the categories of processed personal data; the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed; the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period; the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing; the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority; where the personal are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source; the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject; the appropriate safeguards pursuant to Article 46 when personal data is transferred to a third country.
– Right to rectification pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR: You have the right to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you and/or the right to have incomplete personal data completed which are stored by us.
– Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”) pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR: You have the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning you if the conditions of Art. 17 (2) GDPR are fulfilled. However, this right will not apply for exercising the freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
– Right to restriction of processing pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR: You have the right to obtain from the controller restriction of processing your personal data for the following reasons: As long as the accuracy of your personal data contested by you will be verified. If you oppose the erasure of your personal data because of unlawful processing and you request the restriction of their use instead. If you require the personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, once we no longer need those data for the purposes of the processing. If you have objected to processing on grounds relating to your personal situation pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override your grounds.
– Right to be informed pursuant to Art. 19 GDPR: If you have asserted the right of rectification, erasure or restriction of processing against the controller, he is obliged to communicate to each recipient to whom the personal date has been disclosed any rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed about those recipients.
– Right to data portability pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR: You shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require that those data be transmitted to another controller, where technically feasible.
– Right to withdraw a given consent pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR: You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of personal data at any time with effect for the future. In the event of withdrawal, we will immediately erase the data concerned, unless further processing can be based on a legal basis for processing without consent. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
– Right to lodge a complaint pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR: Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR.
7.2 RIGHT TO OBJECT
IF, WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF A CONSIDERATION OF INTERESTS, WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA ON THE BASIS OF OUR PREDOMINANT LEGITIMATE INTEREST, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT AT ANY TIME TO OBJECT TO THIS PROCESSING WITH EFFECT FOR THE FUTURE ON THE GROUNDS THAT ARISE FROM YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED. HOWEVER, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO FURTHER PROCESSING IF WE CAN PROVE COMPELLING REASONS WORTHY OF PROTECTION FOR PROCESSING WHICH OUTWEIGH YOUR INTERESTS, FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS, OR IF THE PROCESSING SERVES TO ASSERT, EXERCISE OR DEFEND LEGAL CLAIMS.
IF WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT AT ANY TIME TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA WHICH ARE USED FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. YOU MAY EXERCISE THE OBJECTION AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED FOR DIRECT ADVERTISING PURPOSES.
8) Duration of Storage of Personal Data
The duration of the storage of personal data is based on the respective legal basis, the purpose of processing and – if relevant – on the respective legal retention period (e.g. commercial and tax retention periods).
If personal data is processed on the basis of an express consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) point a GDPR, this data is stored until the data subject revokes his consent.
If there are legal storage periods for data that is processed within the framework of legal or similar obligations on the basis of Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR, this data will be routinely deleted after expiry of the storage periods if it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of the contract or the initiation of the contract and/or if we no longer have a justified interest in further storage.
When processing personal data on the basis of Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR, this data is stored until the data subject exercises his right of objection in accordance with Art. 21 (1) GDPR, unless we can provide compelling grounds for processing worthy of protection which outweigh the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
If personal data is processed for the purpose of direct marketing on the basis of Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR, this data is stored until the data subject exercises his right of objection pursuant to Art. 21 (2) GDPR.
Unless otherwise stated in the information contained in this declaration on specific processing situations, stored personal data will be deleted if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed.